Saturday, January 29, 2011

A new year, a new house, a new blog!

So far, 2011 has been filled with lots of tragedy around Australia - there's been fires, floods, death, loss, sadness, then, I turned the TV off. I couldn't watch any more. The rising water levels, the sad faces on the TV talking about how they'd lost everything, watched others lose everything while they stood by helpless, unable to step in and do whatever they could to help.

We weren't affected by the flooding - not until a week or so later. The water levels never reached a high enough point (and probably never will) to affect the street we live in, but a 100 year old house, with very little tender loving care over the past gosh-knows-how-long, starts to fall apart after time, and the constant rain didn't help and finally, the foundations gave way and sank into the ground.

So, we're on the move. All of us! It hasn't been easy, not many people are willing to rent a house to a family this size, but I think, we might, please please please, have finally found a house to call home! We find out this week! I have everything crossed for a positive outcome!

So, long story short - new year, new house, means organisation, redecorating and blogging! I want to set myself some goals for this year, and i want you to join us for the ride! This blog wont be for anything specific, except that it's about home life. In here you're going to find, tutorials (either found online or written by me) for decorating the house, hair stuff, recipes, photos, organisation pics/links/my ideas, lists. I'm the list queen. I have lists everywhere around my house!

So my list for this year is to

Decorate each room of the house to our tastes.
Meal Plan and eat better/excercise
Take more photo's
Work more efficiently
ORGANISE EVERYTHING - I'll be forcing you on occasion to visit my fave organisation blogs!
Actively blog (I'm terrible at starting a blog and never finishing - this is my third one now LOL)

For now, we have to wait and hope that we get a house soon to call home. I wish we could buy! so for the time being, this blog will be my Inspiration Board. for the next few weeks I'll be posting pictures of ideas of what I'd like to do.

Which room to start first?! I'm tempted to look at idea's for our bedroom, but I think we might start with the most used room of the house, the yuckiest one - the Bathroom/Toilet area.

Ciao for now!

2 comments:

  1. Bathroom: I love a sea theme, dolphins, sea stars, fish, toggle bath mats, and old white cupboard with louvre doors painted white, colours of blue, yellow and white. Bright bath towels, facewashers and hand towels to match. Little soaps and bath bombs.
    Toilet: What can one do with a toilet except a pair of curtains, novelty toilet brush or toilet roll holder and mat(only if you don't have boys that tend to miss! Maybe a heated toilet seat to keep your bum warm lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love the sea theme, easy to match as well- with beige/light brown towels for a sandy colour, and blue to break up bland colours..
    With the toilet... you can get the clear resin toilet seats that have shells and barnicles set inside it (check bunnings!).. floor mats, wall art, maybe a funky magazine rack thats designed/decorated to match the theme. Maybe a little plaque on the door saying 'bathroom' 'toilet', also designed in your theme choice.. hmm ideas ideas...

    If you need/want ANY help with recipes, feel free to bug me anytime :P I literally have a zillion recipe books and recipes that I have collected over the years :)

    You have inspired me to start my own blog Bec! hmmmmm thinking thinking.... (though my blog goals will be different to yours.... lets think- fashion ie. SHOES and wedding planning..... :)

    GOOD LUCK BEC!! I look forward to reading your blog along the way and contributing whenever I can xx

    ReplyDelete